At Quiet the Mind and Fly we take your privacy seriously. We only use your personal information to provide the services you have requested from us, and to let you know about upcoming events and workshops. Our legal basis for processing personal data is consent. We use personal data for the following:
• to administer client records
• to provide news about our events and workshops
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and is not passed on to any person or body without your instruction and consent, except where we have a legal obligation to do so (e.g. where there is an immediate risk of substantial harm to self or others; or under a legal requirement e.g. via a court order for disclosure).
Records are kept for seven years after last contact, in accordance with our legal obligations. After this time they are securely destroyed.
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Your Personal Data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy and explanation of your personal data
• The right to request any personal data be corrected or erased if found to be inaccurate or out of date
• The right to request your personal data is erased, provided it does not conflict with our legal obligations
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, provided it does not conflict with our legal obligations
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
• The right to object to the processing of personal data
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
Quiet the Mind and Fly is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
For more information email [email protected] or phone 0757 553 3205
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF